Thursday, February 10, 2011

Roses Are Red, Violets Are Blue

One of Allie's favorite February books is Roses Are Pink, Your Feet Really Stink by Diane De Groat (very cute book). So when it was time to make valentines for all of her classmates she wanted to make them just like Gilbert did in the story. He wrote and individual poem for all of his friends. Only problem was, in order to make it easy to distribute the valentines they all had to be the same, and not addressed to any particular student. So we settled on one of Allie's many Roses are Red poems and she gave them to all of her friends. Her poem read: Roses are red, Violets are blue, You are sweet and I like you! Then she wanted to give them a sucker with their special card, so we found cute heart shaped ring pops and attached them to each card! She had a lot of fun to making them and it was even more exciting to take them to school to share with her friends! I wish we could have given the individual poems she said because they were so cute. I wish I could remember more...they were priceless!

Here are a few Allie poems--

For Deric: Roses are red, Violets are blue, you are my prince and I love you!

For Josie: Roses are red, Violets are blue, you are kind and I love you!

For Brynn: Roses are red, Violets are blue you are my friend and I like you!


Allie hard at work


A few of her sweet Valentines


The finishing touches

Blurry....but still cute of the little girlies!
Miss Serious ready to go to school with all of her cards

No comments:

Post a Comment