Friday, July 19, 2013

Crater Lake



I was born in Portland, Oregon and lived there most of my life. I know I have learned about Crater Lake and have seen lots of pictures of it, but have never been to see it in real life...hard to believe I know! So when the girls were excited to see Crater Lake up close and personal, and not just from the plane we were excited too. Before we left K Falls to go to Crater Lake, I asked Geoff if we needed gas. He didn't hear me, or didn't realize that is what I asked and we started our way to Crater Lake. I knew we had not stopped for gas for a long time, and then when we were winding up this road (out in the sticks) I saw the gas gauge was pretty low and said "what are we going to do for gas our here?" Geoff looked at the gauge and was quiet, then looked at it again and said "'Uh I don't know, find the nearest gas station on the navigation" little icons for gas usually pop up, but there was not a one to be found. So as we drove I could see Geoff looking at the gauge a little more often than usual, he didn't seem to be too alarmed but I could tell he was not too confident that A, we would find a gas station anytime soon, and B, that AAA would not come and rescue us very fast if we ran out of gas (in the middle of no where). Once we started seeing signs for Crater Lake National Park we were sure there would be a gas station, and sure enough there was. We pulled in and got gas at the little station (probably paid 12 bucks a gallon, but oh well) and when Geoff got back in the car he said "Now I can enjoy the scenery a little more with a full tank of gas" I knew he was a little worried. Lesson 596 why you should always listen to your wife (back in K Falls) ;o)

The long trek up to Crater Lake was well worth the wait. Can't even attempt to describe it, just look at the beautiful view! Not photo shop needed, just plain beautiful. It was well worth the drive!



















We even found snow!  Allison was certain that we would find snow, because "there was snow around it when we saw it from the plane" and sure enough there was some snow. It was a dead give away that we were from California...sundresses, shorts and crocs in the snow!


No comments:

Post a Comment