Sunday, February 26, 2012

Tap Dancers

This is Allie's second year in tap and she loves it. She does a great job and we are excited to learn the new dance for the summer recital! It is a hoot to watch the little ones. Paige tags along to all of the classes and the parents and siblings wait in a separate room. First they do tap, then change shoes and have jazz, then at the very end the whole family gets to go into the room for "freeze dance" time. Paige loves it, and always is excited for it to be "freeze dance" time. A few weeks ago the teacher asked if Paige might join them during the jazz part of class. Geoff and I were like sure, who knows what she will do. This is a 3-5 year old class so she is VERY young compared to the others. She went in like a little pro and did exactly what she was supposed to. The teachers said, "if she does this well she can dance every week". She even told the other big girls "good job" when they were done. I knew Allie would be a trooper and she was so happy to have Paige in class. She said "Mom weren't you impressed with Paige? I am so proud of her". Allie is a great big sister and role model and it is fun to watch them together. Of course I did not have a camera since I had no idea this was going to happen the first time, so I cam prepared with my camera last week! For the last three weeks Paige has been participating in class. Last week she did the whole class. Tap, jazz and "freeze dance" and did great. It is amazing to me that she is 21 months and follows directions and does well. It is fun to watch the girls.

**The pics aren't that great because I was taking pics through a glass, but still fun to see**







No comments:

Post a Comment