Tuesday, January 14, 2014

New Years Hike


Geoff did a little research on a great family hiking spot. The girls and I were excited but I was a little skeptical. I have to give a little background on the "hikes" we have gone on, so you know where I am coming from!

The first, (and I thought it would be the last) was when Geoff and I were dating. We decided to do a hike at a cool spot in Oregon that was close to our college campus. So we started out doing a 3 mile loop but Geoff wanted to keep going. Of course I was game, but then we got to mile 6 and I was like ya, this is not so cool. It started raining and was cold. We decided to go ahead and complete the 11 mile hike. Remember I was done at mile 6. So we were like a half mile from the end and there was a sign that said the trail was washed out and we couldn't go any farther. I was furious. I looked at Geoff and said "you can call a life flight helicopter because there is no way I am turning around and going back." I was dead serious!! He said well our other option is to scale the washed out path. We looked across and there was a couple doing it so we decided to go for it. Probably not the smartest thing to do, but we scaled the muddy, washed out trail and made it. That is the short of it, but it was not a great experience.

The next one was when my dad was in town and I was 9 months pregnant. I think my due date was in like 2 weeks and Geoff found a great trail out by Folsom Lake. I was thinking sure....paved trail, easy, fun....well after driving around and finally finding the trail....there was no way I was "hiking". It was an equestrian train, had huge pot holes and divots, was a dirt path, and there was no cell service. I like the outdoors, but did not want to deliver Paige on an equestrian trail with no cell service. So we settled on throwing rocks in a pond.

After our not so great experiences with hiking we had a great time last week. Geoff found a hiking spot near Berryessa. Paka joined us and we had a lot of fun. We did not make it the whole way to the top, but for our first time with both girls it was perfect. We will go again for sure!



















We did it!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment