Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Don't want to forget....

In our crazy, busy life it is sometimes hard to stop and enjoy the little things and jot down things I don't want to forget. The girls are growing up faster and faster each day and they won't stay little for long. Here are just a few little randoms about the Hulbert girls.

Paige calls the cup holders in the car or her car seat "Hup Colders". Not sure how long she will call them this but it never gets old hearing it.

Paige is a total "feeler" Since she was a babe and nursing she always had to touch me. Rub my face, neck, chest....whatever part of your skin she could touch When I rock her she still does it, but now likes to pick me. Sometimes her little nails are long and they hurt so I say "Paige quit picking me" and she always says..."Mom I am not picking you, I am rubbing your pickers."

Allison has always called breakfast "bref-ixt". Still does, even when we correct her it still comes out her way!

If Paige does something she will either say it was an accident or on "kurpis" (on purpose).

Allison is a sweet soul and a very hard worker. She does not give up on anything. She loves gymnastics, but as she gets older and the skills get harder, it is darn right hard for her sometimes. The other day at the gym it was time for the girls to go on the high balance beam. My heart sank and I knew she would have a hard time. I wanted to run over and help her, but knew I couldn't. She worked and worked with her teacher to get herself on the beam. While most of the other girls jumped up without a thought Allie had to work and work.  I was so proud of her when she finally made it up. But as I watched her take a step I knew she would fall....and she did.  She fell pretty hard and I knew she was upset. Her back was turned to us and I knew she was crying. I saw her coach talking to her and saw her say "Do you want to try again?" I was screaming no don't do it in my head, but knew Allison would not give up. She got up again and this time the teacher held her hand. She got a little more confidence and did awesome walking along and holding her teacher's hand. I know her heart and drive will take her many places in life. Even if it is hard to watch and want to run over and swoop her up! Love you sweet girl.

Love these girls with all our hearts!

No comments:

Post a Comment