Saturday, October 18, 2014

Pinocchio

Allison has been waiting to audition for the upcoming show of My Son Pinocchio at the Woodland Opera House. She wanted to audition with a song from Jungle Book because she had the sheet music, and that is part of the audition. We are very new to this, so we don't have a lot of sheet music hanging around the house :o) I went to the first audition and she did awesome. She sang a solo, then they learned a dance and performed it for the directors. She did not get a call back when she auditioned for the Jungle Book play because she got a part of the bee, so we were not expecting a call back. When we got the call back it was a closed audition, so I had no clue what to expect or what they were "calling her back" for. She bounced out of the studio happy as a clam and I asked what part they had her auditioning for. She said "well mostly Pinocchio" I said "Oh?" not because I don't think she could really be Pinocchio, but this is her 2nd audition EVER, she was a small part in the last play, and now auditioning for Pinocchio? She said she did really well, and had fun. We talked about how exciting if would be if she got the part, but that any part would be super exciting because the plays are such a great thing to be a part of. She agreed and would be happy with any part. Auditions were on Monday and the cast list was going to be posted on Friday. Of course I checked every day after Monday and nothing. On Thursday night at softball practice I get a text from a friend and it said "You must be so proud of Allison, I saw the cast list" or something like that. I then went straight to FB and the WOH web page but couldn't find anything. I sent her back a text and said "What part did she get?" She did not text back, so I went to FB again and this is what I saw....
I was in shock, I think I just sat there. I didn't want to leak it at practice, and I wanted Allison to see if for herself. I fired off a few texts to the the grandmas and was glad practice was almost over so I could tell Geoff. He walked off the field and I said "I think am going to shit my pant" he said "Really? Looking at me like uh.. are you sick? gross...and I said "Look"...and showed him my phone. He was super excited and we debated if we should tell Allie or not ,but wanted her to see it and get her reaction on film.  So we waited until we got home. It was a bad recording but we have it. As she was starring at the screen with her name Pinocchio....Allison Hulbert , Paige crawled up in the chair and said "You are a real star Alla, you are a star of the show". Paigee girl will be her number one fan at every show! She was over the moon and was ready to start rehearsals the next day! We are super proud of our girl and know it will be a lot of hard work and long hours, but she is an amazing girl and will do great!  I am excited to go tell one of her preschool teachers who always said "I know we will see Allison on stage, once she is old enough you will need to enroll her in classes at the WOH." She was so right on!! It also happened to my birthday, best birthday present ever!

The first day of rehearsal they got their scripts and she immediately started studying it when she got home. 

She takes the CD into her room and practices the songs and has an great little voice. At one of the music rehearsals the music director asked where she studied, I was stumped and said she goes to Plainfield. He laughed and said "No where does she study voice lessons". I laughed and said "Oh, we are totally new to all of this, she just sings at home for fun". So it begins....we might take up some voice lessons, who knows. Since she is only 7 I think we have some time to get started :o) We couldn't be more excited for our girl and know she will do great. Below is the information for the shows. All of the Family shows are very kid friendly and fun for the family! We will keep you posted throughout the process. Cheers to our "Little Wooden Boy!"

2014-2015 Woodland Opera House 
Theatre for Families Season
Graciously Underwritten by Jennifer Goldman, D.D.S and Amy Tran, D.D.S




Disney’s My Son Pinocchio

January 9  -  25, 2015

The classic tale of an aging toymaker and his puppet, Pinocchio, takes on timely issues in Disney's “My Son Pinocchio”. Grammy Award winner and master melodist Stephen Schwartz adds a compelling score of original songs to the beloved classics “When You Wish Upon a Star” and “I’ve Got No Strings”. Reserved seats are $16 adults, $14 Seniors 62+ and $8 Children 17 and under. Click here to purchase your reserved seats


No comments:

Post a Comment