Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Garth Brooks Concerts

Geoff and I talked about getting Garth Brooks tickets when they were first released, but lots of people I knew had to sit on the computer forever and got nose bleed tickets, or paid lots of money for tickets, so we didn't think too seriously about getting them. Then as the concert time got closer, Geoff said why don't I just stop by the box office and see what they have left. Well, 2 days before the show, they had amazing seats that were face value. So we ended up going and it was an awesome show. It was all of his old school songs and we knew just about every word, to every song! 
We met up with the Eathornes before the concert.....

We also met up with the Looneys. Andrea met us at the parking booth and saved us a spot in the parking lot....that's what friends are for :o)
After the concert I talked to Fiona (who had gone the night before) and she said she wanted to go again. So I said I would go again, but only if we got good tickets and only had to pay face value. We had no luck getting tickets, then the day of the show a few popped up on ticketmaster and they were amazing seats again. We were all in! We heard about people getting moved to the front row at Garth Shows so Fiona made this cute sign.
When we got to our seats we asked the security guard how to get front row seats, she said "Your tickets are too good here, they will never look for you. You have to be up in the upper levels to get brought down to the front by one of Garth's guys." So Fiona and I hiked up a million flights of stairs and walked around the upper level. I saw a guy in street clothes, but with a walkie talkie attached to his t-shirt, hand two tickets to a girl and she had a huge smile. I asked if he was one of "Garth's Guys", and she said yes.  I walked up to him and asked if he knew how we could get front row tickets. He said, "I don't have front row but how about third row?" It was crazy. Once we figured out we were really on the floor, the tickets were legit, and that this was really, the real deal, we were over the moon excited. But then I felt bad that our original, amazing seats were going to be empty. So Fi and I took another loop around the arena and found a couple who had tickets in the upper level and gave them our tickets. It was an amazing concert the second time around and I don't think another concert will ever compare.



I am not a "selfie" taker, so have no idea how to do it. Two different times, Garth leaned down so I could take a selfie with him, but this is as good as it gets...I will have to work on this if I ever get 3rd row seats again :o)
 Trisha was amazing....
 This was hands down the best concert I have ever been to!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment