Monday, March 21, 2011

3-21

I have been reading this blog, Enjoying the Small Things and I was in awe after reading Nella's birth story. Since then, I have been so moved by this blog and family, I didn't think it would be right to not recognize Nella today, on World Down Syndrome Awareness Day. Reading the words and looking at the beautiful pictures makes me look at things a little differently. I don't know exactly how I came across this blog, and I don't even know Kelle Hampton but I feel like I do. She is an amazing writer, photographer and a mom. At night when the house is quite I read her words and look at her photos. Then I go in and squeeze Paige a little tighter as she is sleeping soundly in the middle of our bed, and then move on over to make room for Als when she crawls into our "family" bed sometime in the wee hours of the night.

2 comments:

  1. Jen, I remember reading this in an article in Parent magazine about a year ago. I balled then, and balled now rereading it. She IS an amazing writer and mother. I don't think I've ever read something so emotion provoking.
    You too my friend, are one amazing mother. I'm glad I have such a great friend to share the world of motherhood with!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Crazy how it just hits ya when you read her words....you are a great mom too Liss! Nothing better than being a Mama!

    ReplyDelete