Saturday, April 23, 2011

This is the Life

One night last week Geoff was home a little early and I was on spring break, so I didn't have to rush off to see students. We were out back just hanging out. I was going to start planting flowers and Geoff said lets just sit here.....anyone who knows Geoff, knows he is NOT a sitter! I looked at him and said..."ok" like wondering if he was not feeling well, and he said, "really how often do we just sit?"...um....not very often...especially Geoff! It was very nice. The girls had a great time exploring out back. They played in the sandbox, played ball, Paige crawled EVERYWHERE and was a messy little piggy by the end of the night but we had a great evening. At one point, Allie got in the reclining lawn chair and said "Oh....this is the life".....



After a bit, my non-sitter husband thought of a great idea. Cardboard box rides around the yard. Paige was not too sure about the "carpet" rides but Allie loved them. Geoff was working up a sweat after the millionth lap around the yard so I thought I would take over. Ya...it is a tad bit harder than you might think. Then after the carpet rides they were on to slip and sliding. I was in with Paige (so no pictures of that) but Geoff and Allie were going strong. Sometimes Geoff forgets he is not 4, but no one around here seems to mind!


No comments:

Post a Comment