Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Summer Fun

We have had pretty low key days this summer and the girls love it. Some days we go to the park, some days we have friends over, some (well most evenings) we swim at Grandma and Paka's, it is just kinda fun to do whatever and not really have anything we have to do!

The other day our friends came over for dinner and they have two "big" girls that Allie just loves. She talks about Amelia and Elizabeth like they are rock stars! The played dress up and had fun playing together. Paige was always in the mix. She does not care about the age gap either!



The other day while we were out back playing this beautiful butterfly just kinda hung out on the bushes. Allie wanted me to get the camera and I thought it would fly away for sure. But when I returned he was still hanging out. I guess he wanted a photo op!




Geoff and I had this grand idea to go for a family bike ride one night. It would be perfect....Allie would ride on the trail-a-bike attached to Geoff's bike and I would ride with Paige in the bike seat on the back of my bike. Geoff took the girls the day before to get new helmets and everyone was excited!! Well lets just say it was an awesome plan, but not so much in reality! We never made it down our street. Allie was screaming at the top of her lungs on the back of the bike...crying, said she hated it, get me off this....it went on and on..I swear the whole neighborhood heard her. She was not a fan of the trail-a-bike what so ever. I guess we will have to try that some other time....or maybe never. At least she has a cute cat helmet!


Another first we thought we would try is a sleepover at Grandma and Paka's. Her cousin Kainoa stayed there 3 nights last week, so I guess that is what planted the seed with Allie. The other day she said she wanted to have a sleepover so we thought we would give it a whirl. She has only stayed away from us 2 night when I was in the hospital after I had Paige. She stayed at home in our bed with my parents, so it was at least a familiar place. Allie was super excited to have a sleepover and packed her own backpack. Once her bag was packed she said "Well, I will see you in a few nights." She was very confident and we thought she might actually stay! So we went over to Grandma and Paka's. We went swimming and visited and then Geoff, Paige and I came home at about 8:30. Allison called at 9:15ish to tell us goodnight and it all sounded good. But when we hung up the phone I had a feeling we might get another call. At 10:05 Grandma called to say Allie wanted to come home. So she gave it a whirl but it was a "no-go". We will give it another try sometime soon. I guess our little birdie is not quite ready to fly....and we are ok with that. Geoff and I were not really quite sure what to do without little Miss Persnickety calling the shots last night :o)




No comments:

Post a Comment