Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Trip to Portland

Last week we headed up to Portland to see the fam. Allie loves to Skype with my parents and family but it is not the same as seeing them in person! Allie has been talking about going to Portland to see Pa and Grandma for a long time and we finally made it. We crammed a lot of stuff into our short visit but had a great time. I was not as good about taking pictures as I would have liked but when I did have the camera we got some good ones!

My mom thought it would be fun to surprise my Grandma with a Mini Cooper for the weekend. She loves Mini Coopers but would never buy one....I don't think.....My grandma is doing awesome. We got to visit in between her Chemo treatments and she is doing amazing. She didn't miss a lunch date or an outing...in true Grandma Rosie fashion! It was a lot of fun to drive the Mini and I don't think my grandma really knew what to think when we pulled up.


Then we headed off the a baby shower for new baby girl Hulbert. Allie loves watching Lady and the Tramp so she was kinda prepared for what a baby shower entailed. I don't think she knew she would get as many great "big sister" gifts as she did. It was very thoughtful of others to think of Allie too! Rachael did a great job hosting and it was fun to all be together. We got lots of nice gifts and are anxious to meet this baby girl....now only if she had a name!
















We also met up with some of the Springfield gang and went ice skating. Allie has wanted to go ice skating for a long time. I think she thought she would flit around like Tinkerbell did at Disney Princesses on Ice but it was not quite that easy. Geoff was a trooper and took Allie and Morgs around the rink. Allie took a few laps around but then wanted to watch. She was "afraid she would fall on her bum". We had a pass to skate until 10pm but I think Geoff and Pa were glad when Allie was done after about 3o minutes :o)





Allie got to spend some time with most of her cousins. The day we were with Gracie and Xavier they hunted for frogs and had fun out back at Grandma and Grandpa's house (but I did not have my camera that day). We also got to spend a lot of time with cousins Keslin, Bronwyn and Raelyn. Kristen was very good about letting Allie "practice" with new baby Raelyn. Allison loved holding her and sang to her and said how cute and cuddly and snugly she was. She didn't love when Raelyn cried but she had fun with her. She will be a great big sister!!

We had a great trip up north. Our visits are never long enough but it is always fun!

3 comments:

  1. It looks like you guys had a GREAT trip Jen!! And what a beautiful shower!! We cant wait to meet your new little sweetie!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have one awesome family Jen! Glad it was a good trip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Jenn & Liss. We did have a great trip!

    ReplyDelete