Thursday, September 2, 2010

Our Little Preschooler



I can't believe this is really a post about our little preschooler!! Allie had her first day of 3 year old preschool today at Great Day Presbyterian Preschool, and she sure did have a GREAT day!


We have been reading The Kissing Hand and D.W.'s Guide to Preschool to prepare Allie for the first day of school. She has been so excited to go to school but once in while will say "I don't want to go to school" so we thought we should read a few stories to get ready.

On the way to school Allie was in her car seat and she said "At school I won't be scared, sad, or afraid" I said "Oh that is good Allie, you are so brave" and she said "just maybe a little nervous". She is too funny. She didn't seem too nervous once we arrived. She went in and started playing with play playdoh.

Geoff, Paige and I stayed about 5 minutes and Allie didn't even bat an eye. Mrs. Qualls gave her her name tag and we were on our way! Paige and I weren't quite sure what to do to fill the time until we had to pick Als up from school at 11:30. So we went to the store and bought her a balloon and some flowers for being so brave, and to celebrate her first day of school!!

When we picked her up she said she had a great time and did lots of things. She said she played with playdoh, played dress-up, had to "gather around the teacher" to listen to a story, and made lots of projects. I asked what her job was and she said her job was to clean up a truck after recess. Allison had lots of fun and talked the whole way home! I asked her if she missed us while she was at school and she said "Yes, I missed you but I knew you would come to pick me up". Oh the great days we will have.

**I am so glad Allie does not take after me in the going back to school department. I think I cried for the whole month of August before school started EVERY year until I was in middle school....yes, you read it right.....middle school!

No comments:

Post a Comment