Sunday, October 24, 2010

Welcome Jack


I really can't believe I am writing a post about our new DOG! I am totally not a dog person but know that every kid needs a dog....right? Geoff and I have talked about getting a dog for a long time but never really had a serious talk about it. We have talked enough about it that we know we would SOMEDAY want a lab or a beagle. Since yesterday was a stormy, wet day Geoff told Allie we could go to the SPCA and look at dogs. We talked a lot about how we would not take a dog home and were just looking and kind of getting an idea...

We pull up and see a bunch of people out front and then a lady with a beagle. I am thinking hmm....maybe the dogs aren't so bad here....he is really cute. The idea of a "used" dog just is not my style...but I was going to have an open mind on our little adventure! So Paige wants to nurse when we get there and I told Geoff and Allie to head in to look at the dogs and I will meet them once Paige is done eating. But before they enter, they start talking to the lady with the beagle. When Geoff keeps talking and petting the dog and looking at me in the car, I know what he is thinking. And I am thinking...if this dog is so great why is she bringing it to the pound?

Well....this dog showed up on her street and she started feeding it and let it stay with her while she looked for the owner. She has had him for 2 weeks and the owners did not call her back. She had three dogs of her own and a small house and yard and can't keep him. I am still very skeptical....and Geoff is saying we will take him. I said "Where will we put him? We have nothing for a dog....He is not riding in the front of the car....No we were not getting a dog we were just on a family adventure"....well I was out voted and we have a new dog. Thank goodness Uncle Scott works at the feed store. Geoff ran over to Higby's and got all of the things we need. Then we took him to the vet last night for a check up and shots and he has a clean bill of health. Allie is excited that he is here to stay. He slept all night in the crate and is doing well. I am still on the fence but he seems like a keeper. I think I have officially lost my marbles!!!

4 comments:

  1. Love it! Now we can go to the doggy park with the girls and our dogs! Hee! Hee! Welcome Jack!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is SO cute! Welcome to the dog lovers club:) One you have one, you'll never go back! Welcome to the family Jack, can't wait to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So of course we can never choose names but Allie is dead set on Bruno...from Cinderella of course. If it has to be a boy it must have a name from a Princess movie! So he is now Bruno. I am now part of the dog owner club....

    ReplyDelete
  4. So now we are officially keeping Jack. We told Allie he would be too confused and she said Jack is a good name! So back to Jack for good!

    ReplyDelete