Thursday, November 18, 2010

Big Pumpkin

So my post is a little late since I just got around to uploading videos but it will be worth it...I promise. In early October when I picked Allie up from school she was all excited about a new story they read at circle time . She did not know the name of it, but it was about a witch, a mummy, a bat, a ghost and an "umpire"...I am thinking umpire...really...why in a Halloween book? If I would have really stopped and thought about it I could have figured out that the umpire was a vampire...duh mom! On the way home Allie told me all about the book and pretty much recited the whole story. She said she wanted to go to "that one bookstore in Davis" (Borders) to find it. There were two small details we were missing...I didn't know the title or the author. But I figured we could give it a whirl and try to find it. We went to Borders and I did a few searches and found nothing. Then we went to the seasonal table one more time before we left and I saw a book titled BIG PUMPKIN. I held it up to show Allie and she was speechless....she hugged the book and kissed it. Needless to say we bought the book and have been reading it daily since. A few days after getting the book she could read (memorized) the whole thing. It is crazy what her little brain remembers! Some days she is totally animated and changes her voice, some days she just reads it and some days she has us read it to her. Either way she does not skip a word or let you skip one either. This is not the best recording and she is not too animated since it was bedtime but here is our little reader, reading Big Pumpkin. There is something that just warms your heart when listening to your own child read (even if it is memorized). I think this will forever be one of our favorite stories!

No comments:

Post a Comment