Sunday, December 5, 2010

Decorating the Tree

This year Allison is really into the Christmas spirit and has been anxiously waiting to put up our tree and decorate it. I tried to explain to her that it takes a lot of work and patience to decorate the tree and she said "ok". I was not sure what we were in for when she wanted to help get set up. We have lots of very special ornaments and all of the Hallmark ones from my Grandma Rosie are in their individual boxes and the rest are wrapped in tissue paper. Allie was a GREAT helper. She unwrapped each ornament carefully and got so excited with each one she opened. It was awesome to listen to her...she would so "oh mom this one is just perfect" or "you will not believe your eyes". Paige was a great sport too. She sat in the bassinet with empty ornament boxes and tissue paper and loved it. Once we got all of the ornaments unwrapped and ready to put them on the tree, Allie said "now we need to turn on a little Christmas music" oh my Grandma Rosie would be proud! She loved everything about Christmas. Giving ornaments to all of the grand kids and great grand kids was one of her favorite traditions. I love looking at all of the ornaments and remembering how my Grandma would look at each one and decide on the perfect one for each of the kids. When I got older, I would help her shop for them the day after Christmas. She would count over and over and make sure everyone was accounted for. We were so lucky to have such a special grandma and we miss her dearly. I am glad we have our Hallmark ornaments to remember her during this time and forever.








No comments:

Post a Comment