Monday, February 21, 2011

Got Ticks?

I sure hope not... but Geoff had one yesterday. I don't have any pictures from our little hike yesterday but I want to document the day in case we need information for later. It was a pretty nice day so we decided to head to Lake Solano for a picnic and little hike around the park. Allie loves to be outdoors so we thought we would have a fun little adventure. We saw lots of geese wondering around and every time they came close Paige would say "duck, duck" she is close...no need to correct her! She loves animals! I am surprised she didn't say "Jack, Go" when she saw them! Grandma and Paka came along with us and we had a nice little lunch by the water and hiked around. Allie skipped rocks, found sticks and loved exploring. Geoff said he felt like he had a sticker or something poking him when we got home so he pulled down his pants to check it out and it was a TICK!!! YUCK!!! I said let's call Kaiser, don't pull it yet, and sure enough Geoff pulled it out. He got the whole thing (it hadn't been in too long) and Kaiser says he should be fine but to watch it. So of course I googled "tick bite" in every way shape and form and worry about Lyme Disease but the nurse said they couldn't test for that for 30 days. So we will see. We have the little tick in a zip lock baggy so I called the Yolo County & Solano County Health Departments and the UCD Entomology department. Don't know if anyone will return a call but we will see. I am sure all is fine but pretty gross feeling. I felt like I had bugs on me all day! Don't know when our next hike will be :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment