Sunday, September 11, 2011

We Will Never Forget.....



Geoff and I were newlyweds living in Hollister, CA. He was teaching and I was subbing. We were getting ready to go to work and watched the planes crash into the towers and watching the first footage of people jumping from building...so surreal to think that was actually happening. I went to check in as a sub to get my assignment for the day, and the secretary I checked in with small talked about what was happening and the office was listening to the radio coverage. She was talking about her brother who was a pilot and was glad he was not flying that day. Later in our classes, we got a memo that the secretary was the sister of the pilot of United Flight 93. She forgot he had switched his flight schedule to be with his family on another day.....this is truly a day we will never forget.

No comments:

Post a Comment