Thursday, December 27, 2012

Merry Christmas 2012

Santa did not disappoint, and the girls were super excited with each gift they opened. I had them wait at the top of the stairs before heading down, and this is never exciting for them, but it fun to snap a few pictures before the madness happens!







The girls loved seeing all of the gifts under the tree, and Paige spotted her bike right away. Grandma and Paka were with us Christmas morning to see all of the opening. They usually come a bit after the initial opening, but Kainoa was in Hawaii for Christmas this year, so they were here bright and early. It is always fun to see the excitement and magic when the girls open gifts from Santa...and he always seems to get just what they asked for ;o). 


















We usually don't fly to Oregon on Christmas day, but this year the price was right on tickets so we had to hustle a bit to get to the airport to fly out by 1:00. The girls were troopers about not taking all of their new toys, but settled on a few that could fit in carry ons. Our flight was delayed 2 hours, so it was a bit of a drag...this is why we usually don't fly on Christmas. Geoff and I have spent many Christmas days in the airport, but it was fine and even with the delay it sure beats a 10 hour drive!!  I would love to say our flight was uneventful, but that was not the case! Paige was fast asleep on my lap and just started puking. Of course this was out of the blue, so we were totally unprepared. At one point Geoff said "What do you want me to do?" and totally serious I said, "I don't even know".  Luckily Geoff had a sweatshirt that he took off, so I could change my shirts. The flight crew was awesome and Paige was a trooper, but it was a little hectic and crazy.


My brother and Rachael were hosting dinner, so we pulled in like the Griswalds, took showers, changed clothes, and started a load of laundry before dinner. It was a great spread of food and their house looked like a Pottery Barn magazine, but I didn't get many pictures. At this point, the day was turned a little upside down. Allison opened gifts and Paige slept on Pa's lap. That was ok, because she got to open gifts when we got back to Scappoose.



This was a crazy Christmas and one I don't think we will ever forget!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment