Monday, May 2, 2011

American River Parkway 1/2 Marathon

After 7 months of training, I finally completed my first 1/2 marathon. I don't have the right words to explain it, but I finished it and I am glad I did. Miles 11 and 12 were brutal....you know you are so close but still have a ways to go! Geoff and the girls were there to meet me at the finish line so that was nice to see them after 13.1 miles. There were 50 us of from our group (The Pacific Coasters) that crossed the finish line on Saturday. Our teams motto was "Do the thing and you will have the power" and we certainly "did the thing". It is a great feeling to accomplish something that once seemed near impossible!





1 comment:

  1. Awesome! I was there too. Exhilarating is the way I would describe my first 1/2 marathon. Cheers for you!!!!

    ReplyDelete