Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Dance Recital Weekend




The last weekend in June is always the dance recital weekend. This is the first year that both girls were part of the recital so it was super crazy but very exciting. My parents and grandpa flew in from Oregon and were at the show on opening night along with Grandma and Paka and lots of others. We had lots of family and friends at the shows on different nights to support the girls. We appreciate all of your love and support. It means a lot to us, and to the girls! We have lots of pictures from the first two day. The last day was a cluster, so I am not sure I have many pictures, but enough from the other days to make up for it!  I should have known Sunday would be crazy when we were sitting in traffic for 40 minutes on I-80 and then Paige said "I am not dancing today, I am danced out"...I bet she was...cause I was, and I was not even performing!  I was supposed to watch the show from the audience on Sunday, and Alissa was going to be back stage with the girls since they were perfect back stage the two night before. Our cousins Ruby and Nora also dance at the studio, and were sweethearts with the girls backstage. But it was nap time, and Paige was tired so when I got the text 5 minutes before the girls were supposed to go on stage that "Paige is crying and isn't going to go on stage"...I was not surprised! I didn't even text back, I just flew out of the auditorium and intercepted her backstage. Thank goodness for cell phones and texting. She was still pretty upset when I got back stage, but the dance studio staff was awesome, and let me walk her onto stage and she did it perfect.  It is always crazy, fun and exhausting but the girls did and excellent job and we couldn't be prouder. I see many more dance recitals in our future!! Of course I have to throw Allie's birthday in the same weekend so it makes things extra nutty.....that is another post!! 


***WARNING***Lots of pics of our sweet dancers 










































No comments:

Post a Comment