Thursday, August 28, 2014

"Real Women"

The last time we were with cousins Ruby and Nora the girls started bugging to have their ears pierced. I didn't think too much about it, but said we could do it if they really wanted. I told them it would hurt a little, and it is a lot of work, but would be fun if they were serious. We talked about it for a week or two, and I told the girls that they really have to want it.  Finally Allison said "Mom I really want to have pierced ears so I am a real woman". I explained that many "real women" don't have pierced ears and it is just fine :o) but she was set on getting them done. Of course Paige wanted them done too, so we started asking around for places to get pierced. I just did not feel right taking my 7 and 4 year old girls to Urban Body Piercing :o) Alissa knew about DeBartolo's Jewerly Store. She met us so Addie could get her ears pierce too. Paige tried to go first but then got nervous. Allie went first to be a role model. Then Addie girl, and finally Paige decided she would do it! They were all happy afterwards and all look super cute. 








 







We walked down to Mary's Pizza Shack and the kids made their own pizzas. Then walked next door to the yogurt shop to have a special treat for being so brave. It was a fun day. Our babies are growing up too fast.






No comments:

Post a Comment